Thank you for your interest in the Bronx Charter Schools for Better Learning, located at 3740 Baychester Avenue and 2545 Gunther Avenue, Bronx, New York.
We are pleased that you would like your child to attend one of our schools.
Our admission policy for the academic year 2023-2024 is as follows: all vacant spaces will be filled at the Kindergarten level and we will fill any first, second, third, fourth, or fifth grade spaces that may become available.
We will accept only one application per child. All applications must adhere to the following guidelines:
• Applications must be completed and submitted prior to 4:00 p.m. on Saturday, April 1, 2023.
• Eligible applicants for Kindergarten must be 5 years of age, on or before December 31, 2023. First, second, third, fourth, and fifth grade applicants must have completed Kindergarten, first, second, third, or fourth grade, respectively, in a previous school.
• If, on or before April 1, 2023, the number of Kindergarten applications exceed the number of seats available, we will hold a lottery. Once available seats are filled, we will draw the remaining names to determine the order of a waitlist.
• We will also hold a lottery to fill any vacant first, second, third, fourth, and fifth grade spaces. We will place all names drawn on a waitlist. If spaces become available, we will call parents in the order that their children’s names appear on the waitlist.
• The lottery date is to be determined. Please check back here frequently for the date. It will take place in April. The lottery drawing is a public meeting.
• Although preference is given to children whose brothers or sisters already attend BBL, parents/guardians must apply for each sibling before the lottery deadline.
• Students on the current waitlist for the 2022-2023 school year must reapply.
• Applications received after April 1, 2023, will be considered late. We will place them at the bottom of the waitlist, and they will not be included in the lottery.
• All children who are residents of New York State are eligible to apply; however, residents of New York City District 11 are given first preference (after siblings).
• Should your home address, email address, or phone numbers change, you must notify the school so that we may contact you in the event we are able to offer your child admission to one of our schools.
• We welcome applications from all students, including English language learners and children classified as needing special education services.
We look forward to receiving your child’s application.
Thank you for your interest in the Bronx Charter Schools for Better Learning.